Welcome to the Open Quantum Materials Database
The OQMD is a database DFT calculated thermodynamic and structural properties. We are providing this online interface for convenient, small scale access; however for more powerful utilization we recommend downloading the entire database and the API for interfacing with it, detailed in the link below.
- Search for materials by composition,
- Create phase diagrams using database thermochemical data,
- Determine ground state compositions,
- Visualize crystal structures, or
- Download the entire database for your own use!
Tweet @TheOQMD to ask what is stable at a composition, or to get a simple phase diagram!
The OQMD was created in Chris Wolverton's group at Northwestern University.